The SoftMount™ Gun is designed to mechanically fine adjust its position to a stamped hole to consistently projection weld a fastener. It is ideal for robot applications where part dimensions, hole locations, or tooling are slightly inconsistent.
The gun’s compliance feature and the entire gun design have been optimized to create the best balance between stability and ease of movement. The compliance mount assembly is set far enough from the weld plane that it does not introduce
variation to the welding process itself.
- Reduces downtime and quality issues caused by improperly welded or positioned fasteners.
- Reduces side loading on misaligned nut weld pins to: minimize wear or breakage of pins, reduce maintenance needs and decrease consumables.
- Simplifies the need for meticulous robot teaching thus reducing setup time.
- The Quick Fastener Placement (QFP) Unit significantly improves fastener loading.
- Nut welding applications using the QFP achieve better cycle times than traditional nut welding. This is due to the patented
inverted weld nut position and the ability to feed the weld nut during robot moves or idle process opportunities.
- Uses both VeriFast™ LVDT and LPT monitoring for reliable error detection.
- Comes equipped with CenterLine’s VeriFast™ MicroView™ for process monitoring.
Twitter Feed @Centerline_Ltd:
DO YOU KNOW
How many fasteners are welded with CenterLine custom equipment and welding gun packages?
Since Jan 1, 2017
Past 7 days