FlexGun™ Ultra & Ultra HC (High Capacity)
The FlexGun™ Ultra and Ultra HC (High Capacity) are lightweight weld guns that are part of CenterLine’s FlexGun™ Product Family. These are ideal for use on robot models with payloads starting at 80 kg and for applications requiring 2.5 to 8.9 kN of weld force.With integrated robot mounting, superior strength-to-weight ratio construction, compact size, and true symmetrical design, the FlexGun™ is ideal for high-density manufacturing needs.
- Optimum lightweight design – integrated robot mounting eliminates the need for an additional bracket.
- Compact profile - for better access in tight areas.
- Superior strength (weld force) to weight ratio – greater capability from a physically lighter gun
- True symmetrical design – no RH or LH version or need to add components such as brackets and arms to adapt to changes in mounting conditions.
- Third-party transformers and actuators – not limited to single-sourced components or expensive replacements.
- Single actuator style is interchangeable across all FlexGun™ Ultra models, reducing inventory needs.
- Actuator life is rated to 20 million cycles.
- Standard gun library. Extensive component interchangeability reduces spare parts inventory needs, accommodates potential future changes in gun configurations, and enables designers to design a complete project using existing models.
- Cycle tested to over 30 million cycles. Designs based on existing FlexGun™ UL specifications to ensure high reliability, dependable performance, and low maintenance needs.
- Comprehensive thermal testing. Optimal cooling and thermal analysis of all critical weld gun components.
- Fit on 80 kg robots – all standard base models less than 74 kg for 100 kVA transformer.
- Designed to withstand 4G forces of acceleration – able to accelerate and decelerate for rapid spot-to-spot speed to accommodate high-volume production needs.
- No less than 20% duty cycle. A significant improvement over comparatively sized packages, allows for more welds per minute.
- Ideal for high density manufacturing needs – able to mount on smaller robots (less floor space, less capital costs).
- Reduced weight allows for faster spot-to-spot movement (5-10% improvement in robot speed over standard gun payloads).
- Higher duty cycle for better production rate.
- Robust and reliable construction for extended gun life and lower operating costs.
Contact us for more details or to discuss your next application.