The FlexGun 3 welding guns have a robust construction and offer improved design flexibility to allow for future changes within the tool design or the product. The flexibility of the FlexGun 3 design allows for a quick change of gun components and easy access for maintenance needs.
- Identical modular gun base-body components for C and Pinch style guns.
- Common gun body for aluminum and steel applications.
- Range of 100 kVA to 225 kVA MFDC transformers (AC available on request).
- Heavy duty force capability with large throat geometries.
- Optimized part interchangeability between C and Pinch styles.
- Arm and adapter designs leverage existing standardized libraries to minimize types of arms and adapters. These features contribute to more convenient maintenance and spare part management.
- Integrated robot bracket.
- Total number of components reduced by 30% from the previous gun family.
- Wrought high-strength aluminum used as gun body material to enable high welding forces up to 16 kN.
- Servo and transformer are not structural components of the gun body. If these components require service, they can be removed without taking apart the gun, which simplifies maintenance.
- 30 mm dual-guided rod design on C Gun contributes to less deflection under higher loads.
- Weld force up to 10 kN C Gun, 16 kN Pinch Gun.
- Symmetrical bodies – no LH or RH versions.
- The same shunts are used on C Gun and Pinch Gun styles.
- Base models start at 100 kg.
- Aluminum arms have adaptive feedback connection points as standard.
- Four (4) integrated robot mounting options (included): LH, RH, Top, Bottom.
- Usable throats available up to 1200mm for Pinch Guns and 600 mm for C Guns.
- ISO “S” frame transformers, 100 kVA through 225 kVA MFDC (size 2 through 6).
- Optimized for use with roller screw servo actuator, 5 mm or 10 mm pitch.