Improve uptime for fastener installation in robotic automation cells.
The SoftMount™ Press solutions are pre-engineered, supplied complete, and tested with 3D models and documentation for easy integration. These configured products save design, build, and commissioning time, as well as floor space.The SoftMount™ Press is a robust solution for automated fastener installation, and capable of being integrated into CenterLine’s High Speed Fastener Solution™ (HSFS) robotic production cells.
This system is available in two configurations:
- Inverted Feed Process (IFP) - For nut applications
- Standard Feed Process (SFP) - For nut and stud applications
Standard FeaturesThe SoftMount™ Press uses compact, compliant tooling that allows the press to mechanically fine adjust its position to a stamped hole.
The tooling’s ability to float ensures that the press produces consistent and concentric fastener installation.
- Floating tooling adjusts itself to the hole in the stamping eliminating nuisance faults from the stamping getting hung up on the clinch pin.
- No need to use 2/4-way locators to locate stampings.
- Presses are configurable across a wide range of tonnage from 4-70 tons.
- All presses are equipped with VeriFast™ IA Fastener Detection for quality monitoring (resolution 0.02mm) and clinch set down.
- Uses the industry standard OHMA™ cylinder with a soft-touch, non-shock approach to the workpiece and a 0.25-0.50” high force work stroke.
- Advance and working strokes of the OHMA™ cylinder are adjustable with regulators.
- IFP configuration utilizes CenterLine’s Quick Fastener Placement (QFP) unit to bury the fastener load time, decreasing cycle time.
- The SFP configuration utilizes a spear feeder for fastener loading.
- An LPT is used to measure actuator travel.